I don’t even need much of an introduction, except to say that YES, I will generalise; YES, you may not agree, but NO it doesn’t matter to me. This is a matter of opinion. Opinion being the key word. Obviously, I am basing my viewpoint on my personal experience. You might think or have experienced differently, and that’s OK. We are all entitled to our own opinions. 🙂
So. A few reasons why (in my opinion) elderly people are better than teenagers:
- Every sentence is not punctuated with “like”, “basically” and “literally”.
- You can have some very intelligible conversations with them.
- They’ve experienced a LOT. And the cool ones are the ones that tell you the stuff they’ve gone through.
- They might have gone through really large events in History. (i.e. my grandad came over on the Windrush) It is more exciting to hear it from them than from a History textbook.
- They really have no shame.
- They make FUNNY jokes. Dying is one of the main themes of these.
- A lot of them don’t understand slang. When you speak slang to them, it’s very funny.
- They are just so adorable when they ask you to help them with technology.
- They can be so sassy to their children, and it’s so funny, because it’s like little adults that are getting dissed by the BIG adults.
- CLOTHES! Their wardrobes are like stepping into the past. And it’s all original stuff!
- They use very eloquent language. I learn some great words from them.
- They are so polite.
- They don’t scowl at you for no reason.
- Elderly ladies have a horde of younger boyfriends (i.e. my grandmother) LOOL
- ^^ ((That was a joke – she’s married – but she makes jokes about having other boyfriends. Which I think qualifies for this list to be honest, because… That’s fantastic))
- They are so articulate in their description of events and when they are talking to you. Yes, it may take them 2 hours to tell you a 15-minute story, but hey! At least you get some good laughs in there as well.
- They mock everyone.
- They’re like little children, on the honesty front; they just say everything as it is. (OK, so sometimes, SOME can be slightly rude about it, but the ones who love you are polite about it!)
- When you see them with their best friends, they’re like little children. It’s absolutely adorable.
- They’ll give you money for no other reason other than the fact that they just want to.
I mean, this is all quite biased, but for some reason, I find OAPs so much more interesting and engaging than teenagers. Maybe it’s just the people whom I know.
At any rate, I seem to have lost all of my writing abilities, so I’m going to wait for a while to regain my skills. Recharge.
Stay safe everybody. Please don’t go out meeting random elderly people, because that’s a tad worrying.